Friday, January 27, 2012

A Thank You Not.

Dear Moleskine Monthly Planner,

     Well, first of all, let me thank you for being one of my favorite products EVER.  You are the most supple, simple-yet-classy, enjoyable (read it again, I said enjoyable) planner that my virgoan mind has ever had the pleasure of using.

Next, I think it is important to acknowledge how awesome it is that you are offered on Amazon for $7, for the fair exchange of a month of my life waiting for delivery. Which I agreed to because you are worth a month filled with sticky notes and missed meetings. After patiently waiting the month, you can imagine my delight, when I opened the email that told me you were now "unavailable" until the end of February.

Don't worry, because after I searched for stores that sold you, I got to dash around to all of them and meet tiny versions of you, or your notebook brother.  Of course, I finally wised up (ya, it really did take me four different disappointments) and called first, and wouldn't you know, the final store did  have "Moleskine Monthly Planners". Which, having four stores of wisdom behind me, I specifically asked for.

My favorite thing you did for me though, was to send me expectantly into the Catholic College Bookstore to be deflated by the more informed manager when I found out that indeed you were NOT sold there. This part of the story is my favorite because I then found myself exclaiming, "Fuck! Jesus Christ!".   To the glory of all, especially that lying bastard employee scampering into the aisles.  As if you hadn't done enough for me, I also appreciate the distracted state of mind that sent me straight into that mud trap.

Then, I thought it was really cool, how you are "Sold Out" on the actual company website.(ya, I looked there last) You are sooo amazing, that you are not even available in the place where you are made.

All of that aside though, I actually want to thank you for the frustrating lesson in patience, acceptance, and the stupidity of material attachment.

Sincerely,
Sierra
P.S. I am sorry to anyone who I offended in the search for this product ...

No comments:

Post a Comment