Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Thoughts on Thoughts.

We are what we think. With our thoughts, we make the world.
~Buddha~

Recently, I was exposed to a very thought-provoking video.  It is a short 2-D animation that is artistically . um. amazing.  This animation is a hauntingly memorable representation of the shadowy, but visceral existence of a thought. The song it is set to, strikes all the right emotional cords. Your eyes are glued to the graceful animation, while your psyche processes the deeper images the artist has embedded. I felt as though I was witnessing a thought issuing forth from a brain; visually playing out its limited life. 

It is entitled "Thought of you".  It is on vimeo, and....I think that you will be able to see it if you click here. (my first video/link for the blog...)

What ARE thoughts?
Where do they go?

When we think of someone, whether someone special or Joe Random, what happens to that thought?
Does it affect the other person?

What is more powerful? Negative thoughts? or Positive thoughts?
Do they look different?
What do they look like?

If you think a thought and then you think, "I don't really think that" , can you unthink the thought?
What did the skunk thunk?

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I have the capacity for being as deep as your discussion requires today, but I wanted to thank you for your "ramblings" -- I am enjoying them! What a beautiful video!

    ReplyDelete