Friday, November 30, 2012

Apocalypse Now.




I want to preface with. " I don't REALLY think the world is going to end on Dec. 21st."

But, I suddenly find that it is December.(?!?!) And, well. What if? There is no denying that the possibility crosses the mind. As does the possibility of being struck by a falling anvil, or winning the lottery. I picture myself as one of millions of people that wake up(?)  that day and say, "Well, shit. Ain't that a bitch?" with the sad and deep irony of ... well, someone in exactly that situation.

Perhaps it's worth using the fallacy of an apocalypse to evaluate my life. Generate a wish list. Look at what I can cram into my 21 days. Perhaps I can spend a little more of my month focused on the present, and enjoying the here and now of this beautiful gift that is my life.

Some of these are my favorite things. And some of these are my favorite dreams.

1. Go to Europe. Stay in a castle.
2. Hug.
3. Laugh until my stomach hurts.
4. Watch the first season of The Walking Dead.
5. Go to the Grand Canyon.
6. Eat lemon squares.
7. Love.
8. Share with friends, family, and everyone in between.
9. Go to the opera.
10. Snuggle.
11. Learn tricks on aerial fabric.
12. Frolic in the rain.
13. Play in the snow.
14. Fall asleep in the sunshine.
15. Ride a train across Canada.
16. Get my masters' degree.
17. Tell some really good jokes.
18. Enjoy a perfect cup of coffee.
19.  Eat at Tommy's Thai.
20.  Fix my tattoo/get another.
21. See one of my former students become famous for something.
22. Meet Jon Stewart.
23. Lose ten pounds.
24. Kiss under a blanket of stars.
25. Write a book.
26.  Love.
27. Be touched by a miracle.
28. Soak at Ojo.
29. Read.
30. Dance to live music.




No comments:

Post a Comment